Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another day of living on the surface of the sun....

Well, we are in for another day of this horrid heat.  It was 85º this morning at 7:30 am with highs forcasted to be 107º with heat indexes of 110º or greater.  I heard a tapping on the door this morning and looked out to find a flock of birds on the porch with a sign "Will sing for air conditioning" .    My poor dogs are house dogs and they are not dealing well with the heat at all. They have become champions in the art of the "speed potty" .  The hotter it is the quicker they get their business done and are back at the door to be let in.

Have you ever noticed how you can sit down and start reading a few of your favorite blogs and then you see one that they follow that looks interesting and so you click and go to take a peek and then of course you love it too so you look to see who they follow or recommend and you click to take an look and the cycle begins again....  I sat down yesterday morning and was taking a "quick look"  at some of my favorites and so it began...hours-yes I mean literally mean hours- later I was still reading blogs.  It was soooo much fun and I found some great new blogs to follow.  There are such neat ladies out there sharing their lives, families, crafts and opinions.  I appreciate each and every one of you.

Have a great day and try to stay cool on this hot summer day.  Think Popsicle thoughts and snowcone dreams.

2 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

My dogs are doing the same thing! As for the blog reading, you've just sum up my summer break ;o)

Sandra said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'll start reading some of my faves, then I'll click, and a couple hours later I'm reading a Swedish blogger telling her tales of how to gut a fish. But it really is the best way to get around!