Monday, December 17, 2007

Hair Salons and Snickerdoodles

This morning was my every 6 week hair appointment. I love going to the salon. I have a great stylist, she reminds me of the character that Queen Latifah portrayed in Beauty Shop. She is loud, outspoken and friendly. I love visiting with her, she always has a funny story about her family or some adventure that she has had. Add this to the fact that she is a great stylist and you just can't go wrong. I get a cut and color every 6 weeks. It is a really more money than I should spend but my hair is really short and if I wait longer than 6 weeks it doesn't really style like it should and since God decided that it would be funny to send me gray hair starting in my 20s and getting more pronounced every decade since then, I have to have my hair colored. Isn't it funny, how going to the salon makes you feel good about yourself when you leave there :) .

After I left the salon, I went by Big Lots and didn't find much there but I did find my favorite cookies, Snickerdoodles. Stauffer's makes them and they are so yummy. I picked up 2 boxes and a bag of Gingerbread men. I was really weak willed when I got to the cookie isle :) . I love shopping there, it is like a treasure hunt :).

No comments: