Friday, January 9, 2009

Mermaids in the Basement



Michael Lee West


This is the story of a woman's return to her childhood home to find some family secrets. I loved the main characters in this book, they are strong southern women who all have an opinion on everything and they are all more than happy to share it with everyone. My only complaint about the book was that she added so many minor characters and they all had something to say or add and it made it hard to keep track of what or who was doing what. I read this book in one sitting starting in the morning and finishing that evening so it was not a big problem but I think that if I had read it in increments of time that it would have been hard to remember who was who. I do love the southern style that Michael Lee West writes with, her novels feel like a trip back to an old family home and leave me feeling like I have just sat on the veranda with a glass of cool lemonade.

No comments: