Saturday, September 27, 2008

Why I love living in the country


This was the view out of my front door one evening last week. It was right at dusk and the beautiful full moon was peeking it's way up to light the night. I love living in the country where I can sit on the porch in the evenings with a cup of coffee or glass of iced tea and read a good book while the coyotes are howling in the far pasture and cottontails are running around the pasture in front of our home. I love watching them and they have all figured out that our dogs are in no way a threat to them since they are both on the other side of the fence so they will run around while the dogs are out chasing grasshoppers in the front yard. These are the kinds of things that make me appreciate my home and to not mind the 25 miles I have to drive to go work or to just about any kind of civilization.

No comments: